Laser Hair Reduction
With laser hair reduction you can have the smooth, hair-free skin you dream about all year long. Winter is the best time of year to start laser hair removal. Multiple treatments are needed to achieve the hair-free skin that you want. Hair grows in cycles. To get the best results possible from each laser hair reduction treatment, you will need to space your treatments 4-6 weeks apart. This ensures you are treating as many active hair follicles as possible which plays a key part in getting you the best results as fast as possible. Since most clients will need between 4-6 treatments and your treatments need to be spaced out, starting your laser hair removal journey in the fall or winter will allow you enough time to get in several treatments before the weather warms up. The total number of treatment sessions may vary among individuals, depending on skin, hair type, and color.
If your unwanted hair turns gray or white before you begin your laser hair removal treatments, you will have missed your opportunity to ditch your shaving and waxing routine! That’s because the laser targets pigment in the hair follicle in order to permanently destroy it. If there isn’t enough pigment in the hair, the laser has nothing to target. Compare the expenses of shaving and waxing to the cost of laser hair removal, you will actually end up saving money—not to mention time!
Things I should know before my appointment
- You can shave while undergoing treatments and we request that you do so 24-28 hours before your treatment.
- Do not tweeze, wax, or have any depilatory treatments between treatments.
- Avoid sun exposure, including tanning beds and self-tanners, prior to and during treatments.
- Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and tetracycline should be discontinued three days prior to your treatment.
- Remove any makeup, creams, or deodorant prior to your treatment.
Schedule a complimentary consultation to learn more.
We offer extended hours or professional hours until 7pm the 2nd Monday of each month to better serve those who can’t take off work or live out of town.
Mon – Thur
8:00am – 5:00pm
8:00am – 12:00pm
Southern Vascular Laser & Aesthetics
1019 East Jackson St
Thomasville, Georgia 31792